What I love most about boudoir photography is the transformative experience it becomes for each of my clients. It is something I just recently have photographed more of and I really enjoy it. Here are some of my tips I offer my clients for a successful session.
Tips for a Successful Session
- Get a good night’s sleep. You will want to look and feel your best.
- Moisturize. Supple skin appears best on camera. Feel free to bring lotion or oil along with to re-apply.
- Bring multiple wardrobe options. Sometimes what you might think will work, might not photograph well so it is best to have options. Lace and cottons photograph best. Try to stay away from shinny fabrics like satin. And don’t for get some shoe options!
- Treat yourself to a mani and pedi. Or do it yourself, either way it will look best if your fingernails and toes look as sexy as the rest of you!
- Bring music. If you bring your iPod with some of your favorite tunes it will help alleviate your nerves and make the event that much more of the party that it is!
- Show up to have fun! This is all about you having a blast, be ready!
- Leave the rest to me! I am here to make you look and feel your best. I will direct and pose you, fix stray hairs or falling straps, so don’t worry and relax.
A Few Don’ts
- No new haircuts right before the shoot.
- No fake tans immediately before the shoot. Personally I prefer a subject’s natural skin tone but if you love the look of tan skin please schedule your tanning session at least 4 days prior to the shoot.
- No Botex or collagen injections a week before the shoot. Just incase something goes awry you will have enough time to heal.
- No negative self-talk on the set. Once you enter the session it is all positivity. This is a “Love Your Body” only zone!
Check out more from Third Eye Photography