It is never easy trying to pick out an outfit, or know what to do when you are going to be photographed! Here are a few tips to help you plan your next family portrait or engagement session!
1. Be comfortable! This is most important!! If you, your hubby, finace or kids are uncomfortable they are going to look it in the photos. And don’t fight with kids before the shoot- that just makes them grumpy and it’s not worth it! In the end if everyone is comfortable in what they are wearing they are going to look great, smile and exude happiness.
2. Stay away from clashing colors and patterns. Simple is best. If there are many people in the shoot have the colors work together- neutrals and earth tones are best. And of course there is nothing like blue-jeans and white tops! Or have most people in earth-tones and just one or two in a pop of color. Boys- do not wear anything with writing on it or logos! If you are going casual, wear a solid t-shirt.
3. Bring more then one option! Let your photographer help and give yourself variety in your images. Don’t bring anything too complicated or that will take a long time to get into (like a tux or gown). Keep it simple- maybe just change his top and your dress but keep the same shoes and jeans…Most likely something you can change into in a car because you might be cruising from location to location and if you are having your photos in the Rocky Mountains like I usually am there are no bathrooms for miles!
4. Look yourself- but your fancy self. If you usually get pretty done-up before date night do the same for your engagement shoot. If you rarely are caught with make-up on, put on some powder cover-up, a little blush and mascara. even if you don’t usually wear make-up it is best to have a little something on so you don’t look too washed out. You want to look yourself, but the best and most fancy self possible for you.
5. Get your nails done. Most photographers will take a close-up of the ring, so do your nails and put some lotion on your hands. You might even suggest that to your man because his hands might be in that slow-up as well!
Visit Third Eye Photography for more Wedding, Engagement and Portrait photos!