Everyone has a handful of unflattering photos that they don’t particularly like looking at, and what’s worse is that most of our photos end up online for everyone to see.
Unless you’re a model, it’s not always easy to know exactly what to do in front of a camera in order to look your best. but with a few helpful tips, you can start taking better photos starting today.
Here are some tips that will come in handy the next time you find yourself in front of a camera.
- Eyes wide open.Close your eyes and open them just before the photo is taken. This will ensure that you don’t end up with half-closed eyes ever again.
- Goodbye double chin.Want to prevent a double chin? Simply press your tongue against the roof of your mouth when smiling for a photo. Celebrities such as Heidi Klum are big fans of this simple technique.
- Angles are always better.Facing the camera head on almost always leads to an unflattering photo. It’s best to angle your body and tilt your chin slightly upwards for a more flattering pose. Placing one hand on your hip will also ensure that your arm doesn’t look flat.
- Up high.If someone who’s shorter than you is taking your photo, sit down if possible as shots taken from above are more flattering.
- Keep it different.Taking a group shot? Make sure that you don’t all pose the same way. Different poses ensure everyone stands out and makes for an interesting shot.
- Relax that face.Want to achieve a more natural smile? Relax your face and then smile just before your photo is taken.
- Perfect your posture.Having good posture makes all the difference in a photo so be mindful of whether you’re standing up straight with relaxed shoulders before the photo is taken.
The key to taking better photos is to implement small changes and to practice them often. Don’t overthink it though, as this will show up in your face. Relax and have fun!
Visit Third Eye Photography