Lifestyle photography is so beautiful because it’s real.
It captures those raw, everyday moments that stick in the back of your mind and make you smile.
At-home lifestyle photography sessions have become a very popular choice amongst families and if you’ve recently booked your very own session, here are a few tips that you can use to make the most of your time with your photographer.
- Let the light in.Since you will be shooting indoors, let as much natural light into your home as possible in order to achieve exceptional photos.
- Keep it tidy.While your home doesn’t need to be free of every speck of dust, it’s important to tidy up the rooms that you will be using the most. Don’t go overboard though; the point of a lifestyle session is to actually capture you and your family in your home as you experience it.
- Incorporate activities.Lifestyle sessions are all about natural, candid shots and if you’re feeling a bit nervous about just winging it, line up a few activities for you and your kids so that you’ll have something to do during your session. You can just let things flow from there.
- Plan your outfits.Just because you will be at home, doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t plan what you’re going to wear. Decide on the types of photos that you would like to capture and choose your outfits accordingly. Even if you’re opting for your PJs, make sure that they’re not too busy and that you’re not wearing the socks with the holes.
- Let your kids take the lead.If you do have young kids in the house, sometimes it’s best to just let them take the lead and you can jump in and have fun with them where it seems most natural.
- Move outside the living room.When people think lifestyle sessions, they very often set everything up in the living room but if you really want to get a wide variety of shots, don’t discount the bedroom and the kitchen as these can make for some great backdrops too.
You will always get the very best lifestyle photos when you relax and have fun. Your photographer will be there to guide you so just focus on taking it all in and making some memories with your beautiful family.
Visit Third Eye Photography to book your next session.